Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Its been a while...

I haven't blogged in a while. I don't know why; it just seems like summer comes and everything gets busy. I could go back and fill in the gaps, but I don't want to get bogged down in ancient history so I will just start from September...
Sept.6th Elizabeth left for Boot Camp (Army) in South Carolina. She was able to facebook from her cell for the first few days, but now- silence. We haven't been out of touch completely for this long since, well... birth!
Our dear old dog Harry Potter managed to hold on to see Elizabeth off then died within the hour.
With a newly empty house, school starting up again, days getting shorter and the summer weather turning cooler, you can really feel the fall approaching.
I have started to think about spending another long, dark, empty winter in this house. Now, don't get me wrong, I love our small cozy home, but I need something more in my life. So I was hoping to get a job. I  interviewed with a WorkForce agent. She explained to me that any payment I earned (even as a part timer) would directly influence my social security benefits, including my SSI, medical benefits and COPES (those are caregivers), so unless I am able to work full time (40hrs a week) it really wouldn't be worth the disruption. *Sigh* Well, I don't think I'm in a place where I can "support myself" I'm not able or interested in such an undertaking. Just wanted something to fill my days. I mean I have a Bachelors degree after all, I hate to let a good education go to waste! Maybe the high school needs a tutor (Ewww teenagers!) But who am I kidding, who will hire me... I'm nonverbal! With my limited communication, I wouldn't even be able to volunteer as a tutor. I guess I just need to embrace the abundance in my life (I have enough money, enough to eat, a warm home, a wonderful husband and lots of friends...). I was just hoping to find a way to give back to the universe.

1 comment: